Sub Total Cost by MFG

  1. #1

    Sub Total Cost by MFG

    When I make an order sheet have a QTY collumn, a Model collumn, a Manufacturer collum, a net collum, a freight collum, etc.

    Is there a way to set up a cell that will seach for all items in the list made by MFG "So and so" and then calculate the total amount that is being spent by adding up my net cost and frieght for each of the items???

  2. #2
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Sub Total Cost by MFG

    Check the help file for SUMIF

    SUMIF

    Adds the cells specified by a given criteria.

    Syntax

    SUMIF(range,criteria,sum_range)

  3. #3
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Sub Total Cost by MFG

    Check out the SUMIF() function in the Help feature. Note that spelling
    matters! "William Smith Manufacturing" is different from "Wm Smith
    Mfg", and "ABC Co" is different from "A BC Co". If I can suggest,
    develop a subtotal by manufacturer and then compare the total of
    manufacturers to the original list of items.