Date sensitive cells

  1. #1
    Matticace
    Guest

    Date sensitive cells

    Hello there,
    I am trying to create a contract management system and would like to input
    all the relevant data into a spreadsheet. A month before a contract runs out
    I would like all the data relevant to it to be highlighted or in some way
    made obvious that the contract is coming to an end and needs the attention of
    the user.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Thankyou very much

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    2003 Excel
    highlight the cells you want to "make obvious"

    go to Format > Cells > Conditional Formatting >

    change cell value is to Formula is and put
    =A1(cell with contract end date)<TODAY()+30

    Click on Format and either change the font colour or cell fill colour to suit, click OK.

    This will change the cells when the contract end date comes within 30 days of the current date, you can change this to suit.

    HTH.
    Greg.

    "The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a bit."

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Date sensitive cells

    Let's say that the expiration date of the contract is in cell B1, and you want all of row 1 to turn
    red when you are within 30 days of that date.

    Select row 1, the use format / Conditional formatting, select formula is, and use the formula

    =($B1-TODAY())<30

    Then set the fill to be red, and click OK.

    You can copy that formatting down to apply to more rows.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...