+ Reply to Thread

macro to create lists

macro to create lists

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet where each row contains anywhere from 1 to 8 names ($G$4:$N$4). I need to combine these names into a list box for use in a pivot chart. I know how to create the list box using data validation, and I recorded a macro while doing this, but the macro is too specific. It just repeats the first data selection range. I need the macro to be variable depending on the row ($G$5:$N$5, $G$6:$N$6, $G$7:$N$7, ...). Obviously, I have no VB Coding experience and my Excel skills are very basic. I spent a couple hours sifting through messages and either haven't found what I'm looking for, or didn't understand what I was looking at. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Sincerely,

Bfuzzeq

If it helps here is the macro I generated:

Please Login or Register  to view this content.

I discovered that posting the drop down list in the pivot chart was not as simple as I thought so I endned up using a solution I saw in another Post, create another column with the formula =H2&", "&B2 ... This works well enough and the names transfer over to the pivot chart which is what matters., but I have a different problem in that the pivot chart keeps creating 'total' rows for each column at each line entry. It's a little difficult to explain so I'm attaching the file (pdf). How can I get rid of these extra lines and the "Totals"?
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information