line graph drops when zeros

  1. #1

    Red face line graph drops when zeros

    Hello,

    I have a set of data, basically this years data and last years data broken out by 52 weeks.

    Of course I have all of last years 52 weeks of data however this year I only have up to 26 weeks. I made a 2 line graph over 52 weeks this year vs. last year.

    Each cell either has a number or a zero (zero due to no data past this years week 26). Since there are zero's, it drops the line chart to the zero marker on the graph.

    How do you make it so that the line "just" stops where it see's the zeros.

    Please note that the cells that are referenced have "SUMIF" formulas in there linked to a master raw data sheet. The notion here is never have to update the graph sheet....just have it automatically update as the raw data is updated.

    Please advise.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: line graph drops when zeros

    Two solutions:
    1) use a dynamic chart that automatically extends the range when you add
    data - interested, please let us know
    2) in the blank cell enter =NA(), this displays as #N/A. As you get more
    data, overwrite the NA formula
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme