Beyond VLOOKUP Clarification

  1. #1

    Talking Beyond VLOOKUP Clarification

    [U]Example Table[/U]
    A B C D
    1 83 Vermont Doctor Doe
    2 120 Connecticut Clerk Jones
    3 145 Vermont Nurse Jones
    4 202 Indiana Student Jones
    5 101 Massachusetts Store Keeper Lee
    6 24 Maine Accountant Smith
    The above table is sorted on column D.

    If , for example, I used the following formula on the above table:
    =vlookup( 120,A1:D6,4,false)
    the formula would return the name “Jones” found in cell D2

    Question: Is there someway that, after using the above vlookup formula,
    (1) To test to see if there are additional entries with the same name as returned by the vlookup formula and
    (2) For each same name entry, show the information in column C.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Beyond VLOOKUP Clarification

    Why not use an Advanced Filter. (Data=>Filter=>Advanced Filter)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan Beban
    Guest

    Re: Beyond VLOOKUP Clarification

    =INDEX($C$1:$C$6,SMALL(IF($D$1:$D$6=VLOOKUP(120,$A$1:$D$6,4),ROW($D$1:$D$6)),ROW(A1)))

    aray entered and filled down.

    Alan Beban

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy