+ Reply to Thread

MS Office 2003 Installation

Question MS Office 2003 Installation

My friend just purchased a pc (Win XP SP2, 512 Ram 80 GB HD) from a local computer shop. It was pre-installed with Office 2002 which is not a legal copy.

To protect himself from any legal action, he has decided to purchase legal copy of MS Office 2003.

Now should he un-installed the current Office 2002 first before new installation or he can just install Office 2003 over the present ones.

Thanks.
    Taych
    Ms Windows Vista SP2
    Excel 2007 SP2

Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by taych
    My friend just purchased a pc (Win XP SP2, 512 Ram 80 GB HD) from a local computer shop. It was pre-installed with Office 2002 which is not a legal copy.

To protect himself from any legal action, he has decided to purchase legal copy of MS Office 2003.

Now should he un-installed the current Office 2002 first before new installation or he can just install Office 2003 over the present ones.

Thanks.
    Personally, I will just take out the pre-installed Office 2002 just so there will be no "trace" of a pirated software in the PC. Can your friend ask for some form of rebate to defray the cost of the MS Office 2003? In the first place, this additional expense (for MS Office 2003) should not have occured if the local computer shop did things on the up-and-up.

Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information