Can't maximize a workbook

  1. #1

    Can't maximize a workbook

    I tried to open a workbook on my office computer - has a 19 inch monitor. I created the workbook at home with a wide inch lcd display - display 1680 x 1040.

    When I open the file on my office computer - the top of the workbook is hidden behind the toolbars - so i can't get at it and maximize it. I tried everything I could think of - zoom; adjust the screen resolution in windows - all to no avail.

    Anybody got any ideas?

    Thanks

    Richard

  2. #2
    ScottO
    Guest

    Re: Can't maximize a workbook

    If you're able to see the command menu, then you can click on the little spreadsheet icon directly
    to the left of the word "File".
    That contains Restore, maximize, Minimize, etc.
    Rgds,
    ScottO

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Can't maximize a workbook

    Another way...

    With excel the active application
    Hit alt-spacebar
    then hit the m key (m for move)
    Use the arrow keys to try to move the window so you can see the title bar.

    Hit return when you find a nice location.

    ==
    alt-spacebar gets to that same dropdown that ScottO mentioned.