How to combine text from multiple cells?

  1. #1

    How to combine text from multiple cells?

    How to combine text from many cells without writing each cell adress, just the scope of cells?
    Can I combine tex from cells A1 to A3 in a faster way than writing a formula: '=A1&" "&A2&" "&A3' ? I need to find a way to combine text from a really huge number of cells, like from B1 to B3489, and I want to do it without writing every cell adress.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How to combine text from multiple cells?

    If I were you, I'd consider saving the file as a text file, and opening in
    Word and doing a find/replace. Even the =CONCATENATE function has a limit to
    how many cells you can concatenate.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    "sierra" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How to combine text from multiple cells?

    To concatenate the contents of 3,489 cells would overrun the limit on the
    number of characters in a single cell.

    Anne's suggestion is probably the most expedient. Copy your SINGLE COLUMN
    of data into a new spreadsheet. Save the file as a tab-delimited text file.

    Open it in Word and do a find & replace, searching for ^p (Word's
    representation of an end of paragraph mark) and replacing it with a space.

  4. #4

    Re: How to combine text from multiple cells?

    J.E. McGimpsey has a User defined function that will concatenate cells.

    You can find it at:
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

  5. #5
    Anne Troy