Code for Registering Add-in

  1. #1

    Question Code for Registering Add-in

    Dear forum

    I have excel addin (said first.xla).
    some codes in first.xla refer to other procedure in second.xla

    How to register second.xla and make this file listed in "References VBA-Project" with visual basic ?

    thanks advance

    znl

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Code for Registering Add-in

    change the VBAProject Names for your addins to s't meaningfull
    via properties window " e.g. "MyInterface" resp "MyFunctions"

    Then activate First.xla (the caller) then via Tools/References
    select the reference to MyFunctions and CHECK it.

    --
    keepITcool

  3. #3
    Dear keepITcool,

    Your steps still apply set references manually.
    Is it possible to make these steps easier in vba codes ?

    ---
    znl

  4. #4
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Code for Registering Add-in

    yes

    see
    Activeworkbook.VBProject.References.AddFromFile

    but since you're writing to the VB Project you're dependent
    on the user's setting of Allow Accesss to Visual Basic Project
    in macro security options.

    --
    keepITcool