Question about links

  1. #1
    Fausto Arinos Barbuto
    Guest

    Question about links

    Hello,

    One of my workbooks has a link to another, even though I have
    long removed the cell(s) that was(were) linking one workbook
    to the other. This ghost link doesn't cause any problem, but I
    know it is not there and everytime I open one of these workbooks
    I get a message box that shouldn't pop up. Any ideas about what
    I should do to remove this dead link once and for all? It is not
    the 1st time this happens to one of my workbooks.

    Thanks,

    ---Fausto

  2. #2
    Have a look at
    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip054.htm
    it might be of some help.
    Barrie Davidson
    My Excel Web Page

    "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

  3. #3

    Re: Question about links

    When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

  4. #4
    Fausto Arinos Barbuto
    Guest

    Re: Question about links

    Thanks a lot, Dave. This little app solved my problem.

    ---Fausto

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Fausto Arinos Barbuto
    Guest

    Re: Question about links

    Very interesting and useful link. And indeed, my problem was due
    to a dead "Name". But I wouldn't be able to find it without the
    use of Bill Manville's FindLink program, as suggested by Dave.

    Thanks for your help.

    ---Fausto

    news:[email protected]...