Writing a Date Function

  1. #1

    Writing a Date Function

    Ok, I am stuck trying to write a function to do the following, and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me.
    I have two columns, one of data, and another of dates. I need to write a function that filters by dates, and counts the total number of items

    For Example:
    My data (column 1) has Members, Non_Members, and Other. My Dates (Column 2) have, well, dates.
    I have a report sheet that I need to report the numbers. So in the report for each data type (Member, Non_Member, Other) I want to be able to use function (=blah(date I am filtering for less than or equal to)) and have it be able to count Column 1 and put how many returned in column 3 for that date range.

    Please, this is huge for me and will save days of work.

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. #2

    Re: Writing a Date Function

    You have one guess at your post in .misc.