Concatenating a cell address

  1. #1

    Talking Concatenating a cell address

    Let's say cell B5 on a worksheet contains the name "Bob". If, in cell B10, I were to enter '=B5' , the contents of cell B5, or 'Bob' would appear in cell B10.

    Now, in cell A1 of the worksheet, I have the number 5 and in cell A2 I enter the following:
    =concatenate("=B",A1)
    Cell A2 would now contain the term '=B5', not the contents of cell B5. Is there a function that would allow me,after doing the concatenation, to have the cell show the contents of the constructed cell address?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    San Diego, CA
    How about the INDIRECT function.

    =INDIRECT("B"&A1)

    Matt

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Concatenating a cell address

    You should be able to =B10&A1
    ?
    Or I don't understand what you're trying to do. Tell us the cell contents,
    and the desired end result.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com