Creating a Form

  1. #1
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Creating a Form

    Hi:
    I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage
    seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their
    information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out the
    information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read
    people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once
    someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another
    part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the
    previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would
    like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the
    form, is that possible?
    --
    Marcia3641

  2. #2
    yes there is. when after you have entered all your program events of the cmdSubmit (command button) just add this line at the very end.

    Call UserForm_Initialize

    This will make it "re-initialize" the form after the other functions have taken place. I am still learning forms too though, so if anyone knows fo a better way to do this, please don't hesitate to post it!

    PZan

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    If you've already got the data going to another worksheet, then clearing the
    form should be easy.
    Just select all the cells you want to clear, hit Insert-->Name-->Define and
    type clearme (or similar), and then record a macro fo yourself hitting
    Edit-->Go to-->Clearme, and hitting your delete key and then go to some nice
    landing cell.

    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    Sounds like you are going to be sitting in the booth anyway, either way.

    Haven't really looked at it but I think Martin Green's user forms
    course material would help. Overall view looks like it would cover everything
    you can download Spreadsheet and a PDF (or word) document.
    http://www.fontstuff.com/downloads/index.htm#excelvba

    Other tutorials on for Excel then VBA beginning at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie//exce....htm#tutorials
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie//exce...m#vbatutorials
    but that was the only one I've listed as for forms.
    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    Sorry, Marcia. I assumed you meant a form on a worksheet and not a userform,
    so... my instructions aren't any good if you've got a userform.
    *******************

  6. #6
    Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build UserForms, good stuff. In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the "submit" button was pushed.

    I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event sequence and it worked. It seems that this was the correct thing to do as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet ).

    PZan
    Last edited by PokerZan; 07-19-2005 at 04:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    Thank for your feedback.

    Okay, I have now created the form based on the website Anne Troy provided.
    But the website indicates "lets move on to saving the infor into
    spreadsheet", but doesn't have a link for me to click to find out how. HELP
    PLEASE!
    --
    Marcia3641

  8. #8
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    I'm sorry, Marcia. I don't see that text anywhere in the article I gave you.
    Perhaps it was someone else's article. If you can point out the link, maybe
    I can help you continue...
    *******************

  9. #9
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    Here is the link to the article. I did the Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 of the
    tutorial. Then at the end of Lesson 3 is there the text is.
    --
    Marcia3641

  10. #10
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    I still don't see it, Marcia. You say it says "Let's move on to saving the
    information...", but there is nothing even remotely like that on that page.
    So what's missing? What do you need to finish? The page tells you how to put
    the button on your toolbar and how to run the macro from the button.

    *******************

  11. #11
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Re: Creating a Form

    Okay, no wonder I you don't see what I am talking about. The website I
    included isn't the one I was following the directions for. Sorry about that,
    as you can tell I am so confused.

    Okay, I have created the userform and I hit F5 to run it to see if it work
    but my drop-down list don't show up.
    --
    Marcia3641