I'm having an unusual problem with changes in formats in a cell

  1. #1
    Marc
    Guest

    I'm having an unusual problem with changes in formats in a cell

    This is the text that is there now: "Remote head end - (This line item is
    also shown in the Audio quotes) - television is not in the same location as
    the equipment - five (RG6QUAD) and one (CAT5E) with one wall plate at
    television and head end with five RCA inserts and one RJ45." When I add
    "Telephone, Network and Cable" in place of the "Audio" - between the
    parenthesis I end up with a line of # across the cell. This normally
    means that I need to either enlarge the cell or make the text size smaller
    but I've tried that to no avail. Any suggestions?

    Marc

  2. #2
    I can't tell you why it is doing that... It worked fine for me in Excel 2003.

    Do you have the text fomated to "wrap"?

    PZan

  3. #3
    Marc
    Guest

    Re: I'm having an unusual problem with changes in formats in a cell

    Yes - It's done this kind of arbitrary weirdness before!!!! I went back and
    deleted "with one wall plate at television and head end with five RCA
    inserts and one RJ45." from the cell and the ##### went away. The cells are
    merged and I doubled the cell size and the song remains the same.

    Marc

    "PokerZan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    gls858

    Marc wrote:
    > Yes - It's done this kind of arbitrary weirdness before!!!! I went back and
    > deleted "with one wall plate at television and head end with five RCA
    > inserts and one RJ45." from the cell and the ##### went away. The cells are
    > merged and I doubled the cell size and the song remains the same.
    >
    > Marc
    >
    > "PokerZan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I can't tell you why it is doing that... It worked fine for me in Excel
    >>2003.
    >>
    >>Do you have the text fomated to "wrap"?
    >>
    >>PZan
    >>

    >>--
    >>PokerZan
    >>PokerZan's Profile:

    >>View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388856

    Is it possible you're reaching the 256 character limit for a cell?

    gls858

  5. #5

    Re: I'm having an unusual problem with changes in formats in a cell

    Change the format of the cell from Text to General.