Easy Question

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Easy Question

    Hey everyone...I'm having a serious brain fart, and can't seem to figure out how to do this for some reason...I have a form w/ a textbox, and when someone enters a number (ex. 123) in the textbox, I need it to search for that number in all of "Info_Sheet!A1:A500" and then put the text in the following B cell into label1 on the form.

    Basically, I'm creating a LookUp form, but I can't figure out what I'm missing...any help is greatly appreciated...

  2. #2
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Easy Question

    I wiil assume that you're OK with searching the range a1:a500. One the value
    is found, say in A120, the value of B120 can be accessed with
    Activecell.Offset(0,1)
    so to put that into your second textbox use TextBox2.Value =
    ActiveCell.Offset(0,1)

  3. #3
    Henry
    Guest

    Re: Easy Question

    dok112,

    Try using Find
    Careful though, your number may not be unique in the specified range (it may
    appear more than once.)

    You'll have to check that it's the correct cell that's been found.

    Henry

    "dok112" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...