Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?

  1. #1
    Rramirezn
    Guest

    Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?

    The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say,
    ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to
    the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works.

    What version software / Excel are you using?

  3. #3

    Re: Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?

    Put your fingers on alt-F and watch the toolbars.

    hit alt-F a few times and to see if the File gets "highlighted" then
    "highlighted".

    If you have multiple options that have the same accelerator key--like F in File
    (it's underlined), then excel won't expand the menu.

    It'll just loop through all the items that have that accelerator key.

    So if you're eyes are sharp, you may see the looping. (the other item could be
    on any toolbar--even home grown.)