Cursor Location

  1. #1
    Glen
    Guest

    Cursor Location

    I'm creating a questionnaire that will allow the user to input data in
    selected fields. How can I make the cursor advance to the next open cell if
    the user tabs or hits the enter button? Any assistance would be greatly
    appreciated

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    While holding down the CTRL key, click on each cell (to highlight them) that you want to allow the users to select. After you have selected the last cell, with the CTRL key still depressed, press the '1' key (not from the numeric keypad, but the !/1 key) to open the Format Cell dialog box. Click on the Protection tab and uncheck the 'Locked' box and click OK.

    Now, from the main menu, click on Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet. In the box that opens, uncheck 'Select Locked Cells' (enter a password, if desired) and click OK.

    Now, users will only be able to move between the 'unlocked' cells from the first step.

    Does this work for you?
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Cursor Location

    First unlock the cells where the user will be entering their response
    (Format>Cells>Protection>Locked)
    Then protect the sheet. When you press tab, each of the unlocked cells will
    be accessed in turn. You could put an instruction to the user to that effect.