Error Message

  1. #1
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Error Message

    Every time I hit the "close form" commandbutton after I enter the participant
    info on my user form I get an error message that takes me to the code:

    Private Sub cmdClose_Click() (this is highlighted in yellow)
    Upload Me (upload has a black hightlight box over it)
    End Sub

    Does anyone know what it's trying to tell me and how to fix it? Thanks

    --
    Marcia3641

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening Marcia 3641

    When your VBA code halts the execution and throws you back to your code you can be sure there's an error. The yellow box is simply highlighting the line that Excel cannot interpret. In this case it is the command "Upload Me". Try changing it to "Unload Me" - a command which will remove the userform from memory which is what you're trying to do.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    moi
    Guest

    Re: Error Message

    Do you wanna upload your form, or UNload?

    "Marcia3641" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Re: Error Message

    What does unload do?
    --
    Marcia3641

  5. #5
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Re: Error Message

    I am trying to upload the form.
    --
    Marcia3641

  6. #6
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Re: Error Message

    Thank you so much, I am bowing at your feet as I type this.

    Okay I have another problem I can't seem to solve, perhaps you can give me
    some guidance. I have created a userform and when I test it it unloads the
    information into my spreadsheet once I hit the "add participant" button. But
    what's not happening is when I am testing the form to make sure everything is
    working, I am not able to see any of the drop-down lists that I created. When
    I tab to the next field, I have to keep hitting the tab button until I get to
    a text field. I am not able to even click on the drop-down field, here is the
    code. Can you see anything that I did wrong?

    Private Sub ListBoxAgeGrp_Click()
    ..AddItem "Under 25"
    ..AddItem "26 - 34"
    ..AddItem "35 - 42"
    ..AddItem "43 - 55"
    ..AddItem "56 - 62"
    ..AddItems "63 and over"
    End With
    Marcia3641

  7. #7
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Hi Marcia

    I've put together a small file with a really simple userform with just one listbox and one command button, Just to help you get to grips with a userform working how you want it to. Hopefully this should get you back on the right track.

    HTH

    DominicB
    Last edited by dominicb; 08-19-2008 at 04:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Marcia3641
    Guest

    Re: Error Message