End of column

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    End of column

    We cut and paste data into a spreadsheet and the data includes a variable number of rows holding numeric data and then text. How do I put in a sum formula which will sum from a known starting cell down to a cell (varying) without trying to add in the text?.

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: End of column

    The Sum() function ignores text.

    You could very well use a formula like:

    =SUM(A:A)
    OR
    =SUM(A10:A65000)

    However, if you really just want to reference your last numerical cell, with
    your starting cell at A10, you can try something like this:

    =SUM(A10:INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A),1)))

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    KL
    Guest

    Re: End of column

    or you can also try these:

    =SUM(A10:INDEX(A:A,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)))

    or

    =SUM(OFFSET(A10,,,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)-9))

    Regards,
    KL

    news:[email protected]...