chart based on incremental difference

  1. #1

    chart based on incremental difference

    Hi is it possible to chart based on a column of values and chart the difference of the increment?

    example of data

    a1- 1000
    a2- 1500
    a3- 2000
    a4- 2500
    a5- 3000

    and in this example there would be a flat line at 500 units as there has been a 500 increase in each value.

    Thanks for your time.

    Rob

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: chart based on incremental difference

    In a separate column calculate the increments. Then, use the technique
    illustrated at
    Step chart
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...art/index.html

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <robhargreaves.1smlia_1122127502.7703@excelforum-
    nospam.com>, robhargreaves.1smlia_1122127502.7703...rum-nospam.com
    says...

  3. #3
    Hi Thanks a lot for your reply

    The method you propose does work well. But I need to do it without adding columns to take the difference. Is it possible to do it this way?

    Thanks again

    Rob

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: chart based on incremental difference

    Rob -

    You have to somehow provide the data for the chart. Why can't you add a column?
    Could you put it in a different part of the sheet (or a different sheet) so it
    doesn't mess up your nicely formatted worksheet?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services