Hiding rows based on choice in a listbox

  1. #1

    Hiding rows based on choice in a listbox

    Hi

    I have a list box provided with values found in a range A14:A502

    There are calculations at the top of the page and i would like to filter the data based on two list boxes - start date and end date.

    Start date and end date are both supplied with values for the list from A14:A502.

    So I would like to if the user picks start date of 01/02/05
    hide any rows prior to that date

    If the user picks a date of nothing it will not hide any rows at the more recent end of the scale or vice vera. In clearing the cell holding the list the records return.

    If they picked 22-Jul-05 the list would not show rows with any more recent dates than that.

    I cant delete the data but I dont mind putting it somewhere temporarily.

    I have the list boxes in place but how do you make their change reflect the hiding of the rows?

    Thanks if you can help.

    Rob

  2. #2

    Re: Hiding rows based on choice in a listbox

    It sounds like you're trying to recreate data|filter|autofilter.

    You can use custom (under that dropdown arrow) and tell excel to show data
    between two dates.