Just a few questions...

  1. #1
    Northampton & London, England
    MS-Off Ver

    Question Just a few questions...

    I'm kinda new to programming (did a fair bit of HTML many years ago.... ) and would like to learn a bit of Visual Basic which would help with some of the projects I'm trying to do at work. I think that maybe I'm being a bit ambitious, but would appreciate any help with a few questions!

    The first one is sales related which will record things like name/address, products required and card details. This form is then printed off and the details that were input to the form then need to be saved to a seperate workbook (for auditing purposes).
    - Will the printed version of the form appear the same as form the person inputs to, or can a more aesthetic version be created?
    - When the data is transferred to the workbook, does the file have to be open or can it remain 'closed' in a shared directory?
    - If the above is possible, can more than one person post to the same file?

    The next one's a bit easier! Can you recommend any Visual Basic (for use in Excel) books?? - Preferably ones available in the UK.

    Thanks for your help,

    Nick

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Just a few questions...

    Try using Outlook as your address manager.....

    There are several books on VBA try searching :-

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/
    search term: Excel VBA

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    "NickNick" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Northampton & London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Thanks for the reply Nigel but that's not quite what I'm looking for...

    The information we collect and kept is:
    - Name of person taking the call, date, time, department to receive the order.
    - Customer's name, address, contact number, credit/debit card type, card number, expiry date.
    - Details of tickets required (including number of adults, children) dates they are required for and the cost; any reservations with dates, times, seat numbers and resevation references.

    I've already had a look at Amazon and I don't find it particularly helpful when coming to selecting reference books...

    Nick

  4. #4
    Tim Williams
    Guest