Sendinf Email From Excel

  1. #1

    Question Sendinf Email From Excel

    I am buliding a questionnaire using Excel and I am using option buttons and text boxs. I want to beable to send it via email with one button press. When I use the SendMail Method in the code of a button, when I press the buton it displays another dialog box confirm that you want to send the email. Is there any way to get rid of the message box and for it just to send??

    Cheers,

    Dave

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Sendinf Email From Excel

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Question

    I have looked at the suggested site and these solutions all involve installng 3rd party software or work with entering SMTP details.

    As I am send the survey out to 100 people, I cann't get them to install the program.

    The poeple I am sending this to are on different exchange servers, so I cannot use the SMTP details.

    Any other suggestions?

    Dave

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Sendinf Email From Excel

    Hi Dave

    Do all users use Outlook ?

  5. #5
    Yes all the users use Outlook

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Sendinf Email From Excel

    Hi Dave

    You can use the Outlook object model
    See my site for examples
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    Use Late Binding (example on each Outlook page)
    Then you can use .Display instead of .Send so the user must press the Send Button.

    You can press the button automatic with SendKeys
    But it is possible that this is not working for all your users
    Application.SendKeys "%S"

    Check out also this webpage (best option if you can use it)
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm