'IF' Statement for a Concaterate Formula

  1. #1

    'IF' Statement for a Concaterate Formula

    Hi,

    I need an "IF" function for the concaterate formula that I'm working on below:

    Reference Element Consolidation
    222 10000 22210000 CORRECT
    10000 10000 WRONG

    The consolidation field can only be populated with characters if both the reference and element fields are populated. If either 'Reference' or 'Element' is missing characters, the consolidation field must be not be populated with any characters. It must simply read 'false' or 'blank'.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: 'IF' Statement for a Concaterate Formula

    try
    =if(or(reference="",element=""),"",reference&element)

  3. #3
    bj

  4. #4
    bj