Hyperlinks in 2003 version

  1. #1
    Virginia

    Hyperlinks in 2003 version

    My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2

    Re: Hyperlinks in 2003 version

    You have one guess at your post in .excel.

  3. #3
    maryj
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlinks in 2003 version

    Do you have Adobe Reader 7.0? There is an issue between Excel and Adobe
    Reader 7.0. Hopefully this will be resolved with the next release of Adobe
    Reader. Here is the workaround: open Adobe Reader, click on the hyperlink in
    Excel, then press Alt+left arrow key. That should open the PDF file.
    --
    maryj

  4. #4
    Mark
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlinks in 2003 version

    I have Acrobat Reader 7.0 and had the same problem. I have successfully
    fixed this by dowloading Acrobat Reader 7.0.1. You may have to go to
    www.adobe.com and find downloads. (My "check for updates" selection in
    Acrobat did not find these updates. There are 2 other updates beyond 7.0.1)