dump file search results into excel

  1. #1
    Nadia
    Guest

    dump file search results into excel

    Is it possible (or is there an application available) that allows results
    from a file search in explorer (which will return thousands of documents) to
    be dumped into an excel spreadsheet so filters can be applied and the search
    results manipulated further????

    cheers,
    Nadia

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    I don't think Search intends you to save the results, the saved file from a search is the search criteria.

    If you run a CMD window (Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt - or DOS window) you can type:

    C:
    CD \
    dir /-n /b /s *.tif >list_tif.txt

    which will list all of your .tif files into a file list_tif.txt, you can then open this in Excel and maniplulatre your results.

    Of course, you can modify the instructions to better suit your search purpose.

  3. #3
    Nadia
    Guest

    Re: dump file search results into excel

    Thank you very much Bryan. Im sure this will help.

    cheers,
    Nadia