get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others

  1. #1
    anton
    Guest

    get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others

    I would like to have a cell that says "great" and is colored purple to
    appear the same way whenever I type the word "great"

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000

    Re: get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others

    Use conditional formatting, select the range of cells wheer you want "great" to be coloured purple, then from the format menu select conditional formatting, leave condition 1 as "Cell value is" from the next drop down select equal to, in the third box type great and then click on the format button and select the format you want

  3. #3
    Ray A
    Guest

    RE: get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others

    One way
    Format>conditional format>formula is>=a1="great"><select formating>
    Adjust cell location as required
    HTH

  4. #4
    anton
    Guest

    Re: get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in othe

    Perfect! Thank you