Conditional Averaging - 2 Conditions

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

    Conditional Averaging - 2 Conditions

    Can anyone help?

    I want to average a column of data, based on two criteria, each one in its column.
    Eg.: I want to average column C only if collumn A="Place A" and Collumn B="Material X".

    I've tried ARRAY, IF and AND functions but no result...

    HELP!!!

    Paulo

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Averaging - 2 Conditions

    One way (array entered):

    =AVERAGE(IF((A1:A1000="Place A")*(B1:B1000="Material X"),C1:C1000))

    In article <[email protected]>,
    pmguerra <[email protected]>