File/Path Error, then &H8000FFFF

  1. #1

    File/Path Error, then &H8000FFFF

    I have a xls with lots of macros in it and its crashing on open

    i am still trying to find the exact location of the crash, but i am suspecting its on a command where its LOAD <FORMNAME>

    the crash: I get a File/Path error, then its a popup with Error 75, then its a Catastrophic error, &H8000FFFF. (Fun stuff!!!)

    there is a way around this, but its weird, if i open the sheet, disable macros, save it, close it, then reopen, enable macros, it works fine

    BUT the really weird thing is, the file size of the sheet changes, any ideas why this would happen? and its not a small change either, the bigger the initial file size, the bigger the change

  2. #2

    Re: File/Path Error, then &H8000FFFF

    First, I have no idea.

    Maybe running Rob Bovey's code cleaner would help:
    You can find it here:
    http://www.appspro.com/

    Maybe opening a copy in OpenOffice (free) and saving it there would clean up
    some of the problems.
    http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

    But one thing I would try is putting all the code/userforms, adding just enough
    data to make sure that all the code runs and testing it there.

    If it works in the test workbook, maybe the workbook is corrupted and rebuilding
    it would clean up the problem--that's a lot of work and their ain't no
    guarantee!