Do Until Loop?

  1. #1
    Jeff M
    Guest

    Do Until Loop?

    I want to create a macro that will:
    1) Search through a client file for records detailed on a Do Not Call list
    using Last Name, Address, etc.
    2) Stop the search once a match is found to mark the record as DNC
    3) Then, be able to continue searching where the search left off

    Any help is greatly approciated!!!

  2. #2
    Technically, it'd be just the same to fill a blank column with a vlookup formula to compare the names between the two lists, combined with an if to mark it as "DNC", then autofilter for all the ones named DNC and delete those. It'd be something like:

    =If(IsError(vlookup(A2,'[SheetWithDNCList]Sheet1'!$A$2:$B:$100,1,0)),"","DNC")

  3. #3
    Jidings
    Guest

    RE: Do Until Loop?

    I would use a Do Until loop with an embeded if...then statement. In your
    situation I would run the loop until the field (column) had 10 consecutive
    rows of empty cells (10 is an arbitary #, I just used it because if there are
    that many empty fields, I would assume we would be at the end of the list).
    Using the if then statement you could check the cell for the info, if it is
    there change the cell color to yellow then advance the cell ref for the next
    check. If not, than just advance the cell ref.

    There are many ways to perform the check and go on just remember, the loop
    is for moving through the data, the if..then is for performing the check for
    a match and highlighting. If you need ideas on what the code would look like
    for a specific action, holla back

  4. #4
    William Benson
    Guest

    Re: Do Until Loop?

    My help is just to say that if this results in less calls, ADD MY NAME!!!!!

    :-)

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Jeff M
    Guest

    RE: Do Until Loop?

    What should the code for the Loop look like? I'm not sure how to reference
    to cell used for the search.