Excel

  1. #1
    sue walton
    Guest

    Excel

    I have made a rota for several staff
    I can auto add the days hours but am unable to add the wekks hours

    Date Day Neil
    On Off Tot
    29-Jul-05 Fri 9:30 22:00 12:30
    30-Jul-05 Sat 9:30 22:00 12:30
    31-Jul-05 Sun 9:30 22:00 12:30
    01-Aug-05 Mon 9:30 22:00 12:30
    02-Aug-05 Tues 9:30 22:00 12:30
    03-Aug-05 Wed 9:30 22:00 12:30
    04-Aug-05 Thur 9:30 22:00 12:30
    Total Hours 15:30

    This is a sample
    Any help please

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    San Diego, CA
    The cell for your total time should be formated to this.

    FORMAT / CELLS / CUSTOM

    [HH]:MM

    This will keep the hours from rolling over at the 24th hour.

    Matt

  3. #3
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: Excel

    Hi Sue:

    What you are doing is correct. The tot for each day in your example is
    12:30. Formatted as a number this is .52, This really means 52% of 24
    hours. If you add the 7 daily tots to form a weekly tot, you will get 3.65.
    This is the same as 87.5 hours
    --
    Gary's Student