VBAProject remains open after file is closed

  1. #1

    VBAProject remains open after file is closed

    Although I close my files with Excel, they remain visible as objects in the VBAProject Manager window.

    This is a problem because I open and close a lot of files, and this generates a lot of objects in this window, including duplicate objects when I have opened and closed a file multiple times. I'm also concerned that the open objects my be using system resources.

    How do i clean up this objects?

    Thanks very much.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: VBAProject remains open after file is closed

    This is a long time problem. Unfortunately, I have never heard of a way to
    get the VBE back in sync.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: VBAProject remains open after file is closed

    Close excel and reopen?

    (I've seen this, but I've never seen it cause a problem--maybe just as an
    irritant.)

  4. #4

    the file is closed, the modules are still there! is there a memory "clean-up" tool?

    thanks for you comments and suggestions
    I am really amazed that this is "normal" behavior. Somehow, I expect that it is related to Windows. I have a feeling this would not happen on a Mac.

    I tried closing files one by one to see if the VBAobjects would disappear. They don't, even after I closed all files (but kept the Excel App open).

    Interestingly, the code for modules still appears when I click on any of the VB modules in the "closed" files. So this problem must be using memory.

    Maybe I need a memory clean-up tool? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    sequoia sam

  5. #5

    Re: VBAProject remains open after file is closed

    I don't think it's normal behavior--it doesn't happen all the time.

    But I don't have any other suggestions besides closing excel and reopening it.