Creating an Array Formula

  1. #1

    Creating an Array Formula

    I would like to create a Macro that would at least help me on the following:

    1) to copy the content of an excel filename"SaleForecast.xls" under
    Worksheet name="Sales"
    to another excel filename="ForecastSummary.xls" under worksheet
    name="SalesSummary"

    2) to look for a row of data that fits the following content criteria,e.g.
    look for
    cell value where Sales is >1000, Saleperson = John & Sales % is >75%:

    ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC
    Sales Saleperson Sales %
    5000 Carmen 75
    1000 John 30
    8000 Weller 75
    2000* John* 80*

    *Note:Above data is under worksheet name "Salesman" and the whole range of
    cell
    where data are marked in * are required to be copied to a row below cell
    where
    value="Backlog" under worksheet name "SalesSummary" under the same excel
    file

    3) Using example above, to create a formula that will sum up all value under
    Sales Column
    where Sales % is >=75%, Saleperson = Carmen & Sales is >4000

    fdtoo,
    Thanks!

    _

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: Creating an Array Formula

    assuming your table is A2:C5

    Option Explicit

    Sub SetFormula()
    Dim frmla As String

    frmla = "=SUM( (R2C2:R4C2=SalesPerson)" & _
    "*(R2C1:R4C1>=Sales)" & _
    "*(R2C3:R4C3>=Percent)" & _
    "*(R2C1:R4C1))"

    Range("G2").FormulaArray = frmla