Disable Date Recognition?

  1. #1
    Saxman
    Guest

    Disable Date Recognition?

    Is there any way within Excel whereby I can disable date recognition? I
    often copy data from an HTML page and paste it into Excel. Even if I
    select 'paste special'/'text', I still have problem with data like
    10-12, and 5/6.

    I can overcome this by importing data/new web query/options/disable date
    recognition, but it appears to be a bit long-winded compared to copy/paste.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    If you select (highlight) the columns into which you are pasting, and Format Cells, set format to TEXT, and then Paste Special, Text your cricket scores should remain intact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saxman

  3. #3
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: Disable Date Recognition?

    Try formatting the cells the cells as text before pasting.
    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    Saxman

    Bryan Hessey wrote:
    > If you select (highlight) the columns into which you are pasting, and
    > Format Cells, set format to TEXT, and then Paste Special, Text your
    > cricket scores should remain intact.

    I tried this yesterday without success and today it works fine! I must
    have been doing something wrong!

    Thanks.