transpose

  1. #1

    transpose

    If you have used formulas it is not possible to use transpose function. You receive a #REF error. Does anyone have an idea or trick to make this possible?

    Greetz,
    Bjorn

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: transpose

    Bjorn,

    You're going to need to give a better explanation, with examples, because that is something I have
    never seen when using the TRANSPOSE function. Did you enter the TRANSPOSE function into an array of
    cells, and did you enter it with Ctrl-Shift-Enter?

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick

  5. #5
    Bernie Deitrick

  6. #6
    Bernie Deitrick

  7. #7
    Bernie Deitrick

  8. #8
    Bernie Deitrick

  9. #9
    Bernie Deitrick

  10. #10
    Bernie Deitrick

  11. #11
    Bernie Deitrick

  12. #12
    Bernie Deitrick

  13. #13
    Bernie Deitrick

  14. #14
    Bernie Deitrick

  15. #15
    Bernie Deitrick

  16. #16
    Bernie Deitrick

  17. #17
    Bernie Deitrick

  18. #18
    Bernie Deitrick

  19. #19
    Jen
    Guest

    Re: transpose

    I too have had the same problem. Maybe I can clear up the question a bit.
    When I have a formula down a column and try to transpose it using paste
    special transpose (alone, formula, or formula and value) to a row, I end up
    with Ref#. IfThis is b/c although the formula transposes, the reference
    cells they originally refer to do not. If I try to type into the cell
    destination the array:
    =transpose(B2:B128) only the B2 value transposes even though I use
    shift-ctrl-enter (yes the brackets did appear). I hope this is more clear.
    Is there a way for this to work? Thanks Jen.

  20. #20
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: transpose

    Jen

    Select the 127 cells across the row before entering the formula in the active
    cell.

    Then hit CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP