Need Vlookup to work with formula in reference cell

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Need Vlookup to work with formula in reference cell

    The following formula does not do the lookup:

    VLOOKUP(T7,Dues!$A$3:Dues!$G$154,2,FALSE)

    When T7 cell contains =(B9-S9)

    When I put the total that T7 equals in T7, it works.

    Any ideas how to make it work with the formula?

    thanks

    mikeburg

  2. #2

    Re: Need Vlookup to work with formula in reference cell

    My guess is that T7 is not what you think it is. If you see 9, it could be
    9.0000000001.

    You could build that kind of rounding into your formula:

    =VLOOKUP(ROUND(T7,8),Dues!$A$3:$G$154,2,FALSE)

  3. #3
    Eric
    Guest

    RE: Need Vlookup to work with formula in reference cell

    Mikeburg,

    You've got it doing an exact match. Is there any chance that the formula is
    returning a number slightly different than the one you're typing in (with
    some extra decimal places or something)?

    Eric