Maintaining Row Number

  1. #1

    Maintaining Row Number

    I have 2 "lists" of data in a single Excel worksheet. One begins on row 1 the other on row 200. Is there any way to keep the 2nd list of data starting on row 200 even after I delete a row above that? In other words, when I delete row 75 I still want the 2nd list to begin on row 200 not shift to row 199.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: Maintaining Row Number

    Hi,
    You can EMPTY row(s) without DELETING it(them), and thus maintain the
    row-integrity. For that, select the row(s) to be emptied, and press the
    'Delete' button on the keyboard (not 'Delete' of Excel menu)

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran

  3. #3
    drlogarithm
    Guest

    Re: Maintaining Row Number

    Right click on the row number (which will highlight the entire row) and
    then click on 'Clear Contents' in the pop up menu.