Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

  1. #1
    Utah

    Arrow Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    I realize this may be a elementary question to most, but I hope there's a fix.

    I'm making a spreadsheet that requires about 10 more columns (beyond column IV) than the normal new Excel file allows (to the would-be column JE). Is there any way for me to extend the sheet and add more columns?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    No, you are limited to 256 columns

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    "Rick_B" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    You can't. Maybe you need to think about switching to Access??

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    > You can't. Maybe you need to think about switching to Access??

    Why, that has even less with only 255 :-)

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    Hmm, was thinking rows I guess .. LOL!

    That's what I get for having the screen too far from my eyes .. <sg>

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    LOL :-)

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    Just a thought .. since Ken didn't talk about this <g>

    If the number of rows are all and always <= 256,
    maybe transposing the sheet layout would be an option ?

    --
    Rgds
    Max

  8. #8
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    You might consider Quattro Pro. It doesn't have a 256 column limit.

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com

  9. #9
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns beyond col. IV?

    LOL - Good point :-)

    news:OO%[email protected]...