How can I change the color of the drop down arrow on a filter?

  1. #1
    Stique
    Guest

    How can I change the color of the drop down arrow on a filter?

    The color of the arrow - black - is hard to distinquish from the activated
    color - dark blue. I'm looking to change the color to a more distinctive
    style.

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: How can I change the color of the drop down arrow on a filter?

    hi,
    A control must have a property that can be changed before you can change it.
    look in the property box of the drop down contorl. back color, fore color,
    border color is all i see that can be changed.

    Regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good morning FSt1

    Nope. Can't be done I'm afraid, though this is a constant gripe with excel users.

    However, would a compromise do? Debra Dalgleish has an article which discusses automatically changing the colours of a row heading when a filter is invoked.

    http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Filter

    HTH

    DominicB