Count rows with specific date

  1. #1

    Count rows with specific date

    Hi,
    I tried to use the Microsoft Excel help but couldn't find what I needed. I was wondering if there was some type of function that counts the number of rows that has a specific date/month, like July. An example would be like this

    A B
    1 Name Birthday
    2 Joe 7/12/1980
    3 Jack 8/11/1980
    4 Jane 7/7/1980

    If I wanted the number of people born in July (2), how would I do that? Would there be a difference if the years were different?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Ron Coderre's Avatar
    Boston, Massachusetts
    MS-Off Ver
    2013, 2016, O365
    Posts
    6,996
    Try something like this:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT($B$1:$B$50,"yyyymm")="198007"))

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Yes! Perfect! Exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch!

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count rows with specific date