Match a value from a column in worksheet

  1. #1

    Match a value from a column in worksheet

    I am attempting to match a value from a column in worksheet “A” with and insert the name associated with the value in the next column over. The value/name combinations are in worksheet “B”.

    This is the formula I have that works only for the first value.

    {=(IF(I5=('B'!$A$2:$A$100),('B'!$B$2:$B$100)))}

    This is an example of the data in the column

    Column I
    118107MB
    122221MB

    This is an example of the data in worksheet “B”

    Column A Column B
    118107MB AAA
    122221MB BBB

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Match a value from a column in worksheet

    =VLOOKUP(I5,'B'!$A$2:$B$100,2,0)

    --

    [1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
    their Excel numeric equivalents.

  3. #3

    Re: Match a value from a column in worksheet

    Thanks Aladin,

    =VLOOKUP(I5,'Account Name'!$A$2:$B$100,2,0)

    Worked! I had tried VLOOKUP earlier and it failed due to my error in the formula.

    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek

  5. #5