How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

  1. #1
    frankfine
    Guest

    How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

    .... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all should change at the same time

    Paul

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

    Frank,

    I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup. If all
    the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.) are to be the
    same for all sheets. Set up one sheet (File - Page setup). Then select the
    remainder of the sheets and use Edit - Repeat Page setup. If they're
    different, and you want only to put in a custom header, use this macro:

    Sub SetPageHeading()

    Dim sht As Worksheet

    For Each sht In Worksheets
    With sht.PageSetup
    .LeftHeader = ""
    .CenterHeader = "My Page Heading, &""Arial,Italic""per se"
    .RightHeader = ""
    .LeftFooter = ""
    .CenterFooter = ""
    .RightFooter = ""
    .PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsDisplayed
    End With
    Next sht
    End Sub

    Substitute any lines as needed. You can record a macro as you set up and
    format a custom header, then use the needed lines in this macro.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    frankfine
    Guest

    Re: How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

    Is there a command for selecting all worksheets?
    Frank

  5. #5
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

    Frank,

    This is about the dumbest reply that's been seen for a while. Too much
    trouble. Use Paul's suggestion instead (unless there are other Page Setup
    parameters that will be different -- in that case use my macro solution). I
    was thinking you can't do page setup on more than one sheet. You can. You
    can't with Sheet protection. This isn't about sheet protection. They'll
    let anyone respond in these groups, won't they? Sorry.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    [QUOTE=frankfine]Is there a command for selecting all worksheets?
    Frank

    Frank

    Click on the first sheet and if you want to select all sheets in the workbook hold down the shift key and click on the last worksheet, this will select them all

    If you only want some of the worksheets and they are consecutive then the same as previous but click on the last sheet you want to select

    Or if you want a number of non consecutive sheets click on the first one and then holding down the CTRL key click on the remaining sheets you want to select

    Hope this helps

    Paul

  7. #7
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

    Right click on any worksheet tab, then use Select All

    don't forget to ungroup the worksheets when finished, by
    right clicking on a worksheet tab and ungroup -- to prevent
    making changes afterwards to all your grouped sheets
    that would damage your workbook.
    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    frankfine
    Guest

    Re: How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

    Thank you Paul and Richie,
    You led me in the right direction, that is right clicking on the the sheet
    tab. There I found "Select all sheets". It works once and seems to turn
    itself off once you change sheets or actions.
    The difference in procedures probably is due to our using different
    versions. I use Office Excel 2003.
    Frank