Hidden Data to show on the Chart

  1. #1

    Hidden Data to show on the Chart

    Hi all,

    I have a spreadsheet with one TAB holding all my data, and a second TAB holding my Chart. The spreadsheet grows and grows by the column, the rows are pretty much fixed. Since the spreadsheet gows horizontally, I hide a lot of the earlier columns for ease of maintenace. I have created line charts for a couple of rows. My problem is, I want the chart to chart on all the data, including the hidden data, however when I hide say 20 columns, those columns are no longer represented on the chart - unhide them and they reappear on the chart. Is there any way of ensuring the chart uses the data specified regardless of wether the data is hidden or not.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Hidden Data to show on the Chart

    Hi,

    Select the chart and then via the menus Tools > Options go to the Chart
    tab. Here is an option to plot visible cells only, which you can unselect.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel