how to insert a permanent + sign??

  1. #1

    how to insert a permanent + sign??

    Can anyone tell me how you insert a "+" sign in a cell that contains a formula, and make it permanently stay in the cell with the answer? For example, I would like for my cell once the formula is completed and the answer is returned in the cell to read "+60" or "-60". I can't find any options for this, and I can't figure out how to write a macro/vba to make it do this. Can anyone help???

  2. #2

    Smile From the Menu, chose Format->Cells->Custom and type +0;-0;0

    This format must help you to display + sign for positive numbers, - sign for negative numbers and no sign for zero. If you want to display decimals, add as many zeros after a decimal point. e.g, +0.00;-0.00;0.00

  3. #3
    aristotle
    Guest

    RE: how to insert a permanent + sign??

    Hi,

    Go to Format->Cells->Number->Custom and paste this format within the format
    text box: