Data Validation for Weekday entries only

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO

    Data Validation for Weekday entries only

    Hi.
    I have done a google search and can't seem to find a formula for restricting the user input of a range to weekday dates only. Can this be done with Data Validation or do I need VBA code. Either solution would be greatly appreciated.
    Casey

  2. #2
    aristotle
    Guest

    RE: Data Validation for Weekday entries only

    Hi,

    I'm not sure if I understand your question properly. Do you mean users will
    input dates and you want to make sure that the dates correspond to working
    days between Monday - Friday?

    If so then you can set-up a validation as follows: Go to
    Data->Validation->Settings
    formula = WEEKDAY(B17,2)<6

    Make sure your analysis toolpak is installed (Tools->Addins->Analysis
    Toolpak->Ok)

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    aristotle,
    Despite my ramblings, you hit the nail on the head. Your solution worked perfectly. Here is my formula for the range of cells I wanted to protect.

    =WEEKDAY(D20:D119,2)<6

    Many Thanks.

  4. #4
    aristotle