Preventing deletion.

  1. #1
    Big Rick
    Guest

    Preventing deletion.

    Hello All
    I found a file called "sample" whilst delving about in the program files
    folder. On the first sheet only, it is not possible to delete what is in the
    cells and when you select any cells, (blank or otherwise) although it shows
    with a highlighted colour, when you let go of the mouse the highlight
    disapears and defaults to cell A1. The sheet is unprotected.
    Please can someone tell me how to do these things.

    Thanking you in anticipation.

    --
    Big Rick

  2. #2
    go to data, validation, enter "" in teh cell value.

    Thsi shoudl help

  3. #3
    Big Rick
    Guest

    Re: Preventing deletion.

    Please can you explain further.
    I still cannot solve either problem.

    Thanking you in anticipation again.
    --
    Big Rick

  4. #4

    Re: Preventing deletion.

    It sounds to me like it has an event macro running that looks for a selection
    change and automatically goes back to A1.

    If you rightclick on the worksheet tab and choose View Code, do you see anything
    that looks like this:

    Option Explicit
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Me.Range("a1").Select
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

  5. #5
    BizMark
    Guest

    Re: Preventing deletion.

    The cells might all have a hyperlink to cell A1 in them...

    Otherwise are you REALLY sure the sheet is not protected?
    It could be protected but with only some cells locked.

    BizMark

    --
    BizMark

  6. #6
    Big Rick
    Guest

    Re: Preventing deletion.

    A thousand thank you's.
    I still have not been let down by the help on these pages.
    --
    Big Rick