You should be able to add more than one column or row at the time

  1. #1
    Mitako
    Guest

    You should be able to add more than one column or row at the time

    when you add columns and rows in exel you can add only one. can add more than
    one column or row? Can you determine somewhere the number of rows you want
    to add?

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Jamie Furlong
    Guest

    Re: You should be able to add more than one column or row at the time

    "Mitako" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > when you add columns and rows in exel you can add only one. can add more
    > than
    > one column or row? Can you determine somewhere the number of rows you
    > want
    > to add?

    Or you could hold down CTRL-Y (repeat last action, IIRC) until you have the
    correct number.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Highlight 6 columns, then do your Insert to insert 6 more columns (or Rows) etc

    also select 2 (or more) Worksheets and Insert Worksheet, same (multiple) result.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Furlong
    "Mitako" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > when you add columns and rows in exel you can add only one. can add more
    > than
    > one column or row? Can you determine somewhere the number of rows you
    > want
    > to add?

    Or you could hold down CTRL-Y (repeat last action, IIRC) until you have the
    correct number.
    Last edited by Bryan Hessey; 08-12-2005 at 06:38 AM.

  4. #4
    ancharwashere
    Guest

    Re: You should be able to add more than one column or row at the t

    Bryan, thank you. I was looking for something like that. But I would still
    like to control the number of rows in another way. Because in my work I
    actually have to insert 237 rows every now and then and I would like to avoid
    troublesome arithmetic. So it might be nice if excel had an insert menu with
    before e.g. rows a textbox with by default the number 1 but that could be
    changed by the user.

  5. #5
    Jay
    Guest

    Re: You should be able to add more than one column or row at the t

    >> Highlight 6 columns, then do your Insert to insert 6 more columns (or
    >> Rows) etc ...

    > Bryan, thank you. I was looking for something like that. But I would
    > still like to control the number of rows in another way. Because in my
    > work I actually have to insert 237 rows every now and then and I would
    > like to avoid troublesome arithmetic. So it might be nice if excel had
    > an insert menu with before e.g. rows a textbox with by default the
    > number 1 but that could be changed by the user.

    To avoid troublesome arithmetic, you might:
    - select rows 1 to 237 (starting at 237 and dragging up to 1)
    - use Bryan's method to insert rows at the top of the sheet
    - select the new empty rows, and use "cut/insert cut cells" to move
    them where you want.