Can I change a cell and cause an automatic change in other cells

  1. #1
    Swissmiss
    Guest

    Can I change a cell and cause an automatic change in other cells

    Is there a function or formula that will allow me to make a change in one
    cell on the work sheet and the program will automatically change one or more
    designated cells with that same change?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Simply refer to that cell in your other "designated" cells, as such:

    If A1 is your base cell, in another cell enter =A1

    When you change the value in A1, it will change in your other cell to show what is in A1

    You could perform math functions as such: =25-A1
    If you enter 10 in A1, your cell will show 15
    change A1 to 20 and your cell will now show 5

    HTH

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Can I change a cell and cause an automatic change in other cells

    Please describe the exact scenario. I'm sure we could be much more helpful
    that way. Formulas will automatically change other cells, so your
    question seems odd.
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...