Vlookup question

  1. #1

    Vlookup question

    I have an attendance spreadsheet that i use at work. I have a worksheet for each year. I but together a worksheet that uses vlookup to gather all the information from the yearly attendance sheets. The problem i have is, i am trying to put together a worksheet that will take a name from a cell that will be manually entered and manually enter the starting month and year and it will give the information (days worked, absent days, and tardy days) for that month and the next consecutive 6 months. The problem i have is, i need vlookup to gather the name, then gather the information for each month/year that is displayed. Basically i think i need a vlookup command to look up the name, then lookup the perspective month. No matter what i try i can not get it to pull this information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Vlookup question

    i think you need to give u a bit moe information about how all this
    information is recorded.Ie does each peron have there own worksheet,what
    format are the tables etc
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    the individual yearly pages look like this.

    September 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10...... Total Days Absent Tardy

    Joe a t 10 1 1
    Ann a a 10 2 0

    The worksheet is set up by month and each persons info is inputted each day. The whole year is setup on one worksheet.
    I have no issue with the formula's on this worksheet

    Next
    I have put to get a summary page that looks like this:

    Month/Yr Name Name
    Joe Ann
    Total Days Absent Tardy Total Days Absent Tardy
    Sept 04 21 2 1 21 1 0
    Oct 04 20 0 0 20 0 0
    Nov 04 22 0 1 22 1 1

    Now this page is setup using vlookup for each of the cells (total days, absent, tardy). This page works perfectly.

    Now the page i am having trouble with is like so:
    Name:_________________

    Total Days Absent Tardy
    Sept 04
    Oct 04
    Nov 04
    Dec 04
    Jan 05
    Feb 05
    The only cells that are to be manually entered are the persons name and the starting month of the sequence of 6. Now the problem i am having is get the vlookup to lookup the persons name then another to lookup the information for the month. I basically need a vlookup inside a vlookup i think. These commands will be done individually for the total days, absent, and tardy columns.

  4. #4
    paul

  5. #5
    paul