Conditional Calculatoins

  1. #1

    Conditional Calculatoins

    I have an excel spreadsheet that I got from colleague. This spreadsheet will automatically calculate cells if a value has been entered. The thing I can not figure out is that there is no formula in the cell until values are entered. At that point Excel will put the formula in the cell and a calculation is made.

    Example.
    A B C D E F G H I
    57 Jul-05 1 12 8 5 28 0 37 17
    58 Aug-05
    59 Sep-05

    The formula in cell H57 is =B57+D57+F57

    The formula in cell H58, H59, H60 etc. is blank. However, as soon as I enter a value in cells B, D and F then the formula in H58 would appear =B58+D58+F58.

    My question: How does this work. I have been trying to figure it out so I could change as I need to in the future.

  2. #2
    StinkeyPete
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Calculatoins

    There might be a macro (event) running in the background.
    Right click on the tab and select view code.